05 Aug A Successful Mom in the Corporate World
Sometimes is hard to figure out how to success while balancing a busy family life but it is possible to make both choices.
Professional person’s career is very important for social and personal development, whether you’re a man or woman. Nonetheless, childcare issues make harder for women to reach the top rungs of the corporate ladder.
Today, nearly half of all married couples are dual breadwinners, according to Pew Research Center data from 2010. It’s gratifying that a lot of women are working to get gender equity, in the United States and a number of other countries, women now actually surpass men in educational achievement.
The problem arises when young adults try to balance work and family, and women end up carrying nearly all of the caregiving responsibilities. Furthermore, statistics indicate that women still have a lot of barriers to earning pay equal to that of their male colleagues.
Are you choosing between a big promotion or spending more time with your family? Balance has been the key for nowadays-female business leaders. These have been common and useful tricks of most successful women around the world:
- Get organized at home to pull it all together. In most cases, parenthood is about two, dad should get involved as much as he is able to. After-School Activities are an excellent idea to give you extra time while working on your kid’s talents and abilities.
- Embrace work/life integration but be aware that there is no way to have it all. Each family and each job is different, people could tell you several ways to make it work but you must figure out it by your own. We make choices according to our idea of being what we want to be, sometimes you will have to lean in.
- Build a reliable work team because there is no way to be present everywhere. In addition, learn how to delegate, you will accomplish work-related goals and you will also get the opportunity to help others on their professional development.
- Because of real world obstacles that working mothers face all the time, they stop reaching for new opportunities and come to a standstill. Don’t lead yourself on that route.
- Doing both tasks takes energy. It’s unimaginable to forget about self-care, sleeping well and regular exercise are necessary to deal with daily stress.
- If you work in an office, choose your house location wisely; think about living near some relatives or friend, and to your workplace as well.